THE FOUR SEASONS AND THE FOUR ELEMENTS
Theme : The four seasons and the four elements
Target Groups : Secondary school students(15-18 years old)
Duration : 24 months
The project is designed for the students between14-18. The project aims at studying the importance of four elements(water,earth,air and fire) ın unıverse The partners learn about the environment and how to protect environment in their own regions or their partner’s. They study the importance of the environment. They compare the environment in partnership countries.. They study what to do for protecting the environment.. During these studies students discuss and distinguish national, regional, social affinities and differences of participating countries. Through the planned activities the participants will be able to learn more about each of the participants’ country, culture and language and students will reinforce the social development skills.
The environmental corruption is not only a local or regional problem but also a problem that threatens all our planet. The destruction of trees, desertification, soil erosion, the damage in ozan layer, , acid rains and the destruction of many kinds of plants and animals are only some of these problems that human beings encounter. It is clear that, new generations have to become conscious and sensitive about environment and environmental problems in order to have the chance to live in a better world.
Throughout this multilateral partnership, participation and exchange of information together with experience, among the pupils and teachers of partner
countries are intended. Recognition of environmental problems of each area,discussing possible solutions, protection of natural resources, reducing mass of wastes, being aware of the world where we live in, verifying the goals of a sustainable
development are main aspects of this Comenius Multilateral Partnership. The participants will use theoretical and practical methods together with ICT in order to disseminate the data and publish the results of the study.
The Four Seasons and Four elements as a project title is itself related with different subjects at school. The analysis report of the water,air and earth may be examined in chemistry subject. The affects of these chemicals on human body and health may be represent to the pupils in biology and health education. The use of fresh air may be held in health education and sports. The geographical position, geographical features of the participating countries may be introduced to the pupils in geography subject. The environmental beauties, tourist attractions may be represent in environmental education. The history, cultural peculiarities and language of the participant countries may be introduced in history, mother tongue and foreign language subjects. The pupils will be able to get all the information through the demonstration of photos, explanations, data show, etc.
The general aim of this project is to call attention to the local and global environmental problems and to increase the consciousness about this subject.
1. Recognising the importance of the environment
2. Learning the effectiveness of four elements for our life.
3. Learning how to be careful for forest fires,pollution of water,air and earth and have an idea how to save the world.
4. Gaining environmental conscious.
5. The teachers compare the educational system and the pedagogical methods of each
6. The pupils will have the opportunity to work collectively. They will have the
opportunity to work and communicate – that means practice - in English, a foreign
language which they learn in the school.
7. The teachers participating in the project will have proportional to the pupils
experiences in higher level: group work, contacts and friendships with foreigner
colleagues,acquaintance with different educational and other systems, use of foreigner
language, travel and direct knowledge. Experiences and Knowledge make someone to
work more consciously.
8. the effective use of ICT technologies by employing innovative learning strategies
related to the topic of the project
9. To acquire new skills in teamwork, leadership, new technology and co-operation
10.Developing language skills of all participants through speaking,writing and listening
THE CONCRETE AIMS OF PROJECT
1. To encourage the communication and cooperation between the students and the teachers
in different European countries.
2. to improve the students' ability for evaluation, interpretation and extraction the outcomes
of scientific datum. By this way, to help them develope strategies to the environmental problems.
3. to encourage students' use of information and communication technologies.
4. to improve the students interest about the languages of the participiant countries and
reinforce students learn the European languages.
5. to improve students knowledge out environment
THE EFFECTS OF THE PROJECT ON THE TARGET PARTICIPANTS
1. to build an effective communication between the students and the teachers of the
2. to increase the number of the students and citizens who protects their environment.
3. to make the school a multi-cultural education place
4.to use english as a target language and ımprove english
ACTIVITIES IN PROJECT
1- Questionare about each countries environmental problems
2- Research, record and inform others about environment
3-Searching for and collecting data.
4-Selecting precautions for pollutıons of air,water, earth and the forest fires
5- Exchange ideas in order to protect the four elements
6- Comparing the results of study via e-mail, blogs, videos and newsletters
7-The children will be actively involved in concrete learning experiences
8- Enabling pupils to work together to save the world
9- Developing language and computer skills
THE EXPECTED RESULTS OF THE PROJECT:
1-The partners especially pupils and parents will realize the ımportance of environment and air,water,earth and fire.
2- Broadcasting the activities on web site.
3.-All participants will take precoutions to save the envıronment and present to final meeting.
4- The partners will get information about each other.
5-Teachers and pupils will improve their language skills and self confidence.
Partners schools will produce a variety of evidence to support the work completed, this will take the form of photographs,Making a CD-ROM, Making a Comenius-calender ,drawings, booklets, video and web page content.